- Principal Software Engineer San Diego, California
- Head of Product Management (m/f/d) Hamburg, Germany
- Sr. Electrical Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Junior Operations Assistant Basingstoke, UK
- Assistant Finance Manager Taipei, Taiwan
- Junior Channel Analyst Basingstoke, UK
- Sr Quality Assurance Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Management Accountant Basingstoke, UK
- Graphic Designer (m/w/d) Hamburg, Germany
- Electrical Product Development Engineer California
Principal Software Engineer
San Diego, California - September 18, 2020
Reports To: Sr. Director of Software Engineering
Turtle Beach is seeking an SQA Automation and Devops Lead to become an integral part of our audio headset software engineering team in California. We are making a shift in our automation capabilities, and this position is an opportunity for someone looking for a ‘clean slate’. The ideal candidate will have the experience to recognize the changes needed to design and optimize our software automation capabilities. But the candidate will also have the technical skills and leadership ability needed to carry the plans through. Our products are a mix of embedded firmware and software applications. For many of our products, continuous integration and deployments will involve local agents building and communicating to physical hardware. This is not a web app deployment. This opportunity represents a unique opportunity for a senior, experienced technical leader or hands-on technical engineering manager interested in working in a fast paced, team environment, to create new automation, CI, and deployment solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on software automation, Devops, or SCM
- Valid US work authorization required
- Strong scripting experience. Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Solid understanding of Git: GitHub and Azure Devops Git for example
- Familiar with XML, JSON, YAML
- Experience creating YAML based pipelines on GitHub, Azure, or GitLab
- Knowledge of cloud platforms
- Ability to produce concise and clear technical documentation
- Experience with agile workflows like Scrum
- Experience with local agents or runners, or any CI or QA environment with physical devices under test
- Experience with Azure cloud
- Experience on other CI platforms such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience working in containerized environments
- Familiarity with USB interfaces
- Familiarity with Bluetooth LE
- Programming in C/C++
- Experience leading or managing a small team
Head of Product Management (m/f/d)
Hamburg, Germany - September 16, 2020
When it comes to gaming, nothing competes with Turtle Beach / ROCCAT. In 2005, we pioneered the way for high-quality gaming audio with the very first console gaming headset, and since then we’ve led the industry by designing innovative, best-in-class products that take gaming to the next level. Whether you’re just starting out, a casual player, a hardcore gamer or an esports pro, we have the best headset for you. From the latest Xbox PlayStation® and Nintendo consoles to PC, Mac® and mobile/tablet devices, you’ll gain the competitive edge and start winning more with a gaming headset from us. We are now expanding out into new territories and into different ranges of gaming accessories.
We are looking to expand our Product Management team in Hamburg, Germany to focus on our PC Gaming line of products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and manage the execution of global product development plans including curation of multi-year forward looking product roadmaps across different territories and management of product across multiple business categories.
- Manage and maintain model and business category level P&Ls, present and justify business cases to all levels of the company including the executive management team.
- Manage Product lifecycle from concept through production and launch planning through end of life.
- Responsible for assuring cross-functional product project management and communication with engineering, marketing, sales, finance and operations.
- Lead creation of internal documents communicating product and feature set, product objectives and positioning.
- Act as product evangelist; use influencing skills to gain agreement on key product and feature aspects across internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the sales and marketing teams in external retailer meetings and at a range of external events.
- Other responsibilities are performed as assigned or needed.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Keen interest and fundamental understanding of gaming and gaming culture, from casual gamers to professional eSports players.
- An understanding of the latest gaming and technology data and trends in gaming to use as basis for creating and recommending products that are right for the market.
- Ability to see trends and understand the product specific competitive landscape, while possessing the aptitude to see the big business picture affecting our brands.
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships as the owner of products and the point of contact for those products across departments.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and multi-cultural communication skills.
- Capacity to interface with all departments and levels within the company as well as domestic and international distributors & retailers, gaming organizations, licensors and other partners.
- Must be detail oriented, have good time and business process management skills and be able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel. This position requires occasional day and overnight trips away from the home office.
Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience in a product marketing/product management or related role at multi-territory consumer electronics companies, gaming hardware companies and/or games publishers.
- Extensive experience in product management and product marketing of consumer facing electronics products, previous experience managing gaming focused products is a plus. Ability to demonstrate a strong track record of managing product targeting younger demographics or gamers across genres and geographies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications desirable.
- Research experience and ability to identify key trends and opportunities valued.
- Ability to manage in a fast-moving organization.
- Gamers strongly preferred!
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Taipei, Taiwan - September 16, 2020
Reports To: EE manager
Turtle Beach is seeking a growth oriented Electrical Engineer to become an integral part of our HID RD team in Taiwan. The selected candidate will be leaded by EE manager to execute EE related task, work will include circuit design, product quality improvement, EEBOM cost reduction, and establishing the EE test plans. The work will be highly collaborative with both internal teams and external suppliers. This opportunity represents a unique opportunity for candidates interested in working in a fast paced, team work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiar with gaming human interface device circuit design.
- Familiar with principle of general gaming product such as mouse, keyboard and game controller.
- Familiar with circuit design and layout tool such as PADS, OrCAD or Protel.
- Familiar with establishing the EE test platform for product.
- Experience of USB/Wireless product interface/power management circuit design.
- Experience of making circuit design and PCB layout, also able to hand soldering the components for test purpose.
- Experience of Electromagnetic compatibility issue preventing and resolving.
- Experience of 2.4GHz/BT application is plus.
- Experience of Regulatory application process is plus (CE/FCC/VCCI/KC).
- Independent debugging ability on electrical issue and able to find the solution on time.
- Good communication ability and good teamwork attitude is necessary.
- Fluent in English is a plus
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 years of relevant engineering experience preferred.
- Must have strong experience with EE test equipment such as Oscilloscope Scope, Spectrum, Logic Analyzer, Signal Generator or more
- Experience with electronic CAD software
- Individuals should possess a strong customer focus and the ability to communicate effectively with both team members and suppliers.
- Self-directed, creative, able to learn quickly and enjoys working in fast paced consumer products environment
Junior Operations Assistant
Basingstoke, UK - September 10, 2020
Reports To: Regional Operations Manager – EMEA
- Inbound analysis of container / vessel docking dates
- Updating the stock holdings across multiple virtual warehouses with inbound and replenishments
- Organising stock moves between physical warehouses
- Hard code stock adjustments in line with SOX compliance
- Monitoring the flow of B2C orders
- Monitoring the consolidation of orders to maximise freight efficiency
- Oversee the order tracking process to ensure that all delivery dates are met
- Research and track outbound orders, following up with corrective actions as needed
- Complaint logging and handling (adding to trackers, providing chaser emails etc)
- Assist in projects as needed by the Operations Manager
- Act as liaison with SOP staff and Third Party Logistics providers
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Set objectives and goals, follow work process steps and develop schedules and task assignments
- Learn quickly when facing new problems; resourceful in finding solutions; enjoy challenges and unfamiliar tasks.
- Team player, cooperative, easily gains trust and support of coworkers; encourages collaboration.
- Able to keep professional demeanor in difficult situations.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and completing priorities in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Extremely organized and prepared. Detail and deadline oriented
- Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
Education & Experience Requirements
- Strong skills in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability and availability to occasionally work irregular or extended hours as needed
- Prior experience with EDI a plus
- Prior experience with Sage a plus
- Experience within a consumer product goods company highly preferred
Assistant Finance Manager
Taipei, Taiwan - September 9, 2020
Reports To: Finance Manager
To support the Finance Manager in managing the accounting function, ensuring that all reporting deadlines and deliverables are met, and company control standards are adhered to.
The finance function works very closely with the business to support in delivery of objectives, and enable us to grow profitably both in core territories as well as developing countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the preparation of monthly management accounts, and all relevant reporting
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Running the processing functions within finance (accounts payable, accounts receivable)
- Maintaining the purchase ledger and ensuring that suppliers are paid on time
- Maintenance of files both physical and virtual for AP and GL
- Assisting with VAT and withholding tax submissions/payments
- Deputise for the Finance Manager in certain situations
- Supporting the business in preparation of financial plans
- Work with the global finance team to develop effective working practices
- Assist with all quarterly and year end external audits, and help to ensure data integrity through maintaining a robust system of internal controls (SOX)
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Part-Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent), or studying: Essential
- FMCG / Retail / Gaming experience: Desired
- Experience of working in an international, multi-currency business: Desired
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and communicate effectively with both financial and non-financial people: Essential
- Good accounting skills and great attention to detail: Essential
- Advanced Excel skills: Essential
- Fluent in English (written and spoken): Essential
Junior Channel Analyst
Basingstoke, UK - September 8, 2020
Reports To: Business Operations Director
Turtle Beach Corporation ( http://corp.turtlebeach.com ) designs innovative, market-leading audio products. Under its award-winning Turtle Beach brand ( www.turtlebeach.com ), the Company is the clear market share leader with its wide selection of acclaimed gaming headsets for use with Xbox One and PlayStation®4, as well as personal computers and mobile/tablet devices. Working within the Business Planning team, covering the EMEA and APAC region. Key responsibilities for the role are…
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stock and Sales Reporting: Updating the weekly accounts pack
- Sell Thru Packs: Updating the account sell thru pack each week to allow us insight on product actuals against plan, forecasts and prior year
- Channel Pricing: Issuing and maintenance of the pricing tool, covering the updates for new products from Turtle Beach and competitors along with report enhancements
- Supporting the Senior Channel Analyst to provide data for market performance against forecast, plan and prior year
- Support the Senior Channel Analyst to provide business intelligence on customer replenish against forecast and plan
- Support the Senior Channel Analyst throughout the sales planning process
- Support the EU sales team for the weekly outlook
- Support the EU sales team during the quarterly forecast/planning process
- Support the business operations director in supply planning and requests
- Business Planning: Good but not needed
- Excel: Desired
- Commercial Experience: Good but not needed
- Industry Experience: Good but not needed
- Finance background: Good but not needed
- Supply Chain: Good but not needed
Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
Taipei, Taiwan - August 27, 2020
Reports To: Quality and Manufacturing Manager
The QA Engineer will be an integral part of the Quality team; focused on effectively and efficiently looking of the continuous improvement in the quality of our products, for both design stage and mass production. Performs inspections and sets quality-assurance/reliability testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products.
This individual must have knowledge of commonly used QA/QC concepts, practices, and procedures, perform root cause analysis, review and validate corrective actions and have excellent problem-solving skills within mechanical, electrical and acoustical designs. Must also have the ability to create and implement quality standards on our products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and implement testing strategies and quality standards
- Elaborate reliability test plans for peripheral devices during their development stage
- Execute test cases and results gathering to the highest possible degree
- Work closely with the Engineering team to identify, diagnose, and resolve mechanical, electrical and software issues in our products
- Discover and report issues through bug tracking software system and effectively follow-up and communicate test results
- Conducts various reviews and scrubs to ensure testability and overall software quality in our products
- Evaluate results data to determine potential risk points in the product from consumption until end of life, using this data to determine the direction in which to test to performance and then provide engineering changes to increase quality of our products
- Works directly with MPA and vendors to develop standards, drive results, and determine appropriate issue resolutions
- Implements methods to measure and hold our contract manufacturers accountable to these standards
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in one of the relevant engineering disciplines
- Knowledge of consumer electronics NPI & manufacturing (PC peripheral preferred)
- Minimum of 3 to 7 years’ experience in the field
- Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within mechanical and electrical designs
- Ability and knowledge to create and implement quality standards for our products
- Analytical and research skills
- Communication and team-working skills (Multiple Time Zones)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities (Task and workload management skills)
- Availability to travel (2-3 times per year)
Basingstoke, UK - August 18, 2020
Reports To: Financial Controller
To support the Financial Controller in managing the accounting function for Turtle Beach Europe Ltd and Turtle Beach Germany GmbH, ensuring that all reporting deadlines and deliverables are met, and company control standards are adhered to. The finance function works very closely with the business to support in delivery of objectives and enable us to grow profitably both in core territories as well as developing countries. This role also has direct supervisory responsibility for an Assistant Accountant, and Accounts Payable Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, and relevant reporting (in conjunction with the Financial Controller) for Turtle Beach Europe and Turtle Beach Germany GmbH.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Support the processing functions within finance (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll)
- Deputise for the Financial Controller in certain situations
- Assist with all quarterly and year end external audits, and help to ensure data integrity through maintaining a robust system of internal controls (SOx)
- All aspects of the performance management of 2 direct reports.
- Assist with the management of Tax, Treasury and working capital matters
- Assist with the preparation of all Statutory reporting & regulatory filings for Turtle Beach Europe Ltd and Turtle Beach Germany GmbH.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and communicate effectively with both financial and non-financial people – Essential
- Good accounting skills and great attention to detail – Essential
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel – Essential
- Part-Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent), or studying – Desired
- FMCG / Retail experience – Desired
- Experience of working in an international, multi-currency business – Desired
- Employee Management experience – Desired
About Turtle Beach
Turtle Beach Corporation (corp.turtlebeach.com) is one of the world’s leading gaming audio and accessory providers. The Turtle Beach brand (www.turtlebeach.com) is known for pioneering first-to-market features and patented innovations in high-quality, comfort-driven headsets for all levels of gamer, making it a fan-favorite brand and the market leader in console gaming audio for the last decade. Turtle Beach’s ROCCAT brand (www.roccat.org) combines detail-loving German innovation with a genuine passion for designing the best PC gaming products. Under the ROCCAT brand, Turtle Beach creates award-winning keyboards, mice, headsets, mousepads, and other PC accessories. Turtle Beach’s shares are traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the symbol: HEAR.
Turtle Beach Corporation is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has been at the forefront of music and audio technology for more than three decades and is recognized as a pioneer of today’s PC audio industry.
Turtle Beach Europe Ltd is a 100% owned subsidiary of Voyetra Turtle Beach. Turtle Beach Europe Ltd manages business activities across EMEA and APAC, via offices in Basingstoke (UK), Hamburg (Germany), and Taipei (Taiwan).
Graphic Designer (m/w/d)
Hamburg, Germany - August 13, 2020
Reports To:Creative Services Manager
The Graphic Designer will work on the graphic conception and design of high-quality artwork and layouts for web and print media. They will design promotional assets for web and print media. They will need to do professional image editing and retouching. The Graphic Designer will be ensuring that visual brand guidelines are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Graphic conception and design of high-quality artwork and layouts for web and print media, e.g. online ads, newsletters, banners, flyers, branded pages, etc. Design promotional assets for web and print media
- Professional image editing and retouching
- Ensuring that visual brand guidelines are met
- Occasional design of product packaging, preparation of print files
- Occasional assistance with photo & video shoots
- Maintenance of the graphic content parts in the CMS (Content-Management-System) is optional
- Successful training as a graphic designer (f/m/d), media designer (f/m/d) or a comparable training
- You have proven work experience in working with brand image/ corporate design / designing marketing assets
- Professional handling of Adobe CC – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, MS Office
- You have a high degree of conceptual strength and creative imagination
- You have a very good understanding of typography
- You have a perfectionist’s eye for detail and color accuracy
- You are interested in gaming, technology and social media
- You are highly creative and capable of bringing in ideas about product presentation
- You are able to work independently and individually as well as collaborate and contribute to the needs of your team members
- You are flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Skills in 3D is an advantage (Cinema 4D, Redshift)
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere + After Effects for online ads/videos is a plus
- You have good English speaking skills. German skills are desirable but not necessary
About Turtle Beach
Turtle Beach Corporation is one of the world’s leading gaming headset and audio accessory providers, headquartered in San Diego, CA.
Gamers around the world know the Turtle Beach brand for its high-quality, comfort-driven gaming headsets which deliver a far more immersive sound experience and allows them to communicate with other players. A strong drive for innovation, savvy marketing, powerful global retail distribution, and decades of audio expertise have made Turtle Beach the clear leader in console gaming headsets with over 40% market share for the past 10+ years.
For gamers on PC, Turtle Beach’s ROCCAT brand combines detail-loving German innovation with a genuine passion for designing the best PC gaming products. Under the ROCCAT brand, Turtle Beach creates award-winning PC gaming keyboards, mice, headsets, mousepads and other accessories.
Whether you’re looking for a new gaming headset for Xbox, PlayStation or Nintendo or the latest PC gaming equipment, Turtle Beach and ROCCAT products are designed to help you win more.
Turtle Beach’s shares are traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the symbol: HEAR.
Electrical Product Development Engineer
California - March 5, 2020
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Turtle Beach is seeking a growth-oriented Product Development Engineer with an emphasis on Electrical Engineering to become an integral part of our audio headset engineering team in California. The selected candidate will work with our experienced engineering staff in the development of our gaming headsets. Work will include product specifications, schematic design, PCB layout design / approvals, circuit debugging, prototype development and component approvals. The work will be highly collaborative with both internal customers and external suppliers. This opportunity represents a unique opportunity for candidates interested in working in a fast paced, team environment.
- Design, realization, integration and verification testing of industry-leading innovative products
- Develop and define performance criteria for product specifications
- Perform schematic entry, BOM exportation, revision control and updates to Altium CAD libraries
- Approve or perform PCB layout design or modifications for products
- Review and approve test results for internally and externally performed tests, including RF performance characteristics
- Review product functionality and guide design team trade-offs, for best customer use experience
- Collaborate with cross discipline project team to bring products to market on time and within budget
- Approve Engineering ECO’s for products
- Evaluate and approve second source components
- Prototype creation and testing
- Initiate problem solving using creative and innovative design and process approaches
- Perform work independently and take initiative. Recognize when it is necessary to ask for direction from a senior level engineering colleague
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of relevant engineering experience. Development of high-volume consumer electronics preferred.
- Must have experience in electrical design with clear understanding of audio performance challenges and requirements. Headset / headphone experience preferred
- Experience with Altium or another electronic CAD software
- Good understanding of overall system design development process, including required collaboration of Electrical, Mechanical and Firmware / Software development
- Individuals should possess a strong focus on product and the ability to communicate effectively with both team members and suppliers.
- Friendly, self-directed, creative, able to learn quickly and excited to work in a fast-paced consumer products environment